Friday, September 13, 2013

Featured Guest Friday: Megan

Hi guys! It's been such a busy week that I haven't gotten the chance to blog. Also, I've been wearing the same shirt like everyday... So you weren't missing much. Anyways, I wanted to start having featured guest posts on my blog. Here's one of my oldest and closest friends, Megan. She won best dressed in high school. So yeah, she's kind of a big deal. And I'm always jealous of what she wears. She's got great style.
 Also SHE'S PREGNANT. Enjoy! 
Pants: H&M // Shirt: Forever 21 // Jacket: Thrifted // Bag: Fossil // Shoes,Bracelet,Scarf: Target

 So, for those, Summer-is-pretty-much-the-worst, Fall-rules, people out there: I'm your girl. There's something about the colors, the smells, the perfect crisp weather, that makes my heart so happy. And, not to mention, PUMPKIN SPICE (or Pumpkin anything for that matter). But above all, I get most excited about Fall fashion! I love being able to throw on a pair of pants, a comfy shirt, a big scarf and some cute accessories. There's nothing quite like the feeling. A lot of people don't think of shoes as accessories, but they totally are! Shoes will be some of the best assets to your wardrobe during Fall. You can choose to go with a flat, or loafer like I have on above, to lengthen the legs and direct focus on the torso. Flats (or booties!) are also great for experimenting with a cuff on the pant, which adds another element to your outfit. If you choose not to go with a flat, there is the wonderful world of endless adorable boots! Your boot choice can be either complimentary to an outfit (a neutral shade, or a color within the same scheme as the rest of your outfit), or the star of the show (think glitter, sparkle, or a crazy color/pattern)- which are both fun to pull of! There are endless possibilities. Also, since it's not Winter, you don't have to worry about footwear for walking in snow, hats that ruin your nicely curled hair by the time you take them off, or large coats for bundling your whole body up because you're FREEZING 100% of the time. This is your chance to pull out the cutest styles, without a whole lot of effort!
I'm one of those people who desires comfort through fashion- and trust me, it CAN be achieved. I don't want to settle for sweat pants (besides the entire time I'm in my own house), but I'd rather not destroy my body for the sake of looking "good." And this is another reason why Fall is my absolute favorite. You can find comfortable pieces, without having to worry about weather too much because it's that perfect in-between to Summer and Winter. In terms of clothing, Winter involves too much, and Summer doesn't involve enough. But hey, that's just my opinion.
Before I get too ahead of myself, I do want to say that regardless of which season is YOUR season, there's nothing like that feeling you get thinking about it; experiencing it. Much like clothing, and style in general, it's all about how you feel in the things you own. If you try something on and don't love it, NEVER buy it. You will always regret it. Hopefully, WEATHER (haha, see what I did there...!? It's ok.. you don't have to laugh at my corniness) you like Fall or not, you all enjoy the season change upon us, and do something a little different than you're used to in terms of style! You just might find that you look fabulous in a look you never would have tried before. New season, new attitude. Good luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment